[chuck] using emacs mode

Mikael Johansson mikael at johanssons.org
Fri Apr 15 03:06:03 EDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Matthew Shanley wrote:

> --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
> gpgkeys: LDAP search error: No such object
> Hi all,
>
> I'd love to use the emacs mode by Mikael Johansson, but I've never quite
> figured out the emacs settings. I think it requires in .emacs the line
> (setq auto-mode-alist (append '(("\.ck$" . chuck-mode))
> auto-mode-alist)), but i think maybe at least one other line as well. Is
> this very familiar to others? Also being new to os x and emacs as a
> .app, I'm not sure where to place the chuck.el file. If anyone can help
> with these things it would be much appreciated.

Honestly stolen from the installation-notes for YaTeX (the latest mode I
installed...) you need two things:

(setq auto-mode-alist
   (append '(("\.ck$" . chuck-mode))
           auto-mode-alist))
(autoload 'chuck-mode "chuck" "Chuck-mode" t)

and you need chuck.el in your emacs searchpath. Try to look around in the
filetree for something like a site-lisp-directory.

--
Mikael Johansson                 | To see the world in a grain of sand
mikael at johanssons.org            |  And heaven in a wild flower