[chuck] hi and newbie problems executing chuck

Adam R. Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:32:59 EDT 2005

Hi Jesus (and all Chuckers out there),

I am working on the documentation and I would like to know what I could
add to the  chuck tutorial that would help you. I would like to help
newbies get up and running without having to post to the list. Surely,
there are others out there who got to the point of needing to ask a
question and moved on to some other language instead.

I am not a windows person but here is what I can offer you. ChucK files
are simply text files with .ck instead of .txt. Use your favourite text
editor (which will no doubt be audicle in the future!) to enter in the
text in the tutorial and save it in the current directory that you are
running ChucK. Then you can add your files like normal:

chuck + test1.ck test2.ck

You can do absolute paths as well:

chuck + /home/adamtindale/chuckpatches/test1.ck

I hope this helps you.

Your experience is valuable and we are all here to help each other out.
Welcome to our little corner of the world.

To everyone else out there: I will try and release the first version of
the manual out very soon. (hopefully very soon, school is out!!!)

adam
--art