[chuck] building chuck in os x (tiger)

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Aug 2 09:00:08 EDT 2005

Hi Eduard!

> I've downloaded the source from the link you supplied, but still I get
> the same errors.

Sorry about this.  Let's figure this out offline and maybe post the
final solution here.

> When do you think v2 will be available?

We are making the final preparations this week.  There are (always) a few
features that needs and wants to be done, but perhaps we will release
what we have later this week (1.2.0.0) and will continue to develop
features in 1.2.x.x.  The core feature set is complete.  Hopefully.

> Will it be in line with v1 or will there be major changes that makes
> worth waiting and start learning chuck as from v2?

v2 will be quite in line with v1 (except for casting looks different), so
we would say go ahead and experiement with v1.  The language in v2 is
significantly expanded - arrays, classes/objects, events, and loads of
other features (and new bugs), but is almost a strict superset of v1.  v1
code should run with minimal (if any) modification on v2.

Best,
Ge!