[chuck] A new ChucK blog -- Beginning ChucK

Gary Williams gwms at corninglink.com
Fri Jan 21 03:02:05 EST 2005

Thanks for the comments, Ge, I've changed the blog description to one
professor (Perry Cook) and students.

I'd be glad to publish anyone's material -- you can send it to me directly
at  gwms at corninglink.com
or post it to the list or on the wiki (I think I've got most of the likely
pages on my watchlist, but you might send me a heads-up note if you'd like
it posted on b-chuck). Anyone who's interested to be co-bloggers, just let
me know and I'll send you a blogger-invite.

I'm currently working on a piece using Mikael  Johansson's scales.ck to
provide a full 5 octave scale-note function -- I've seen Mikael's comment
about using std.mtof(float) to convert MIDI note values to frequencies, but
I haven't learned MIDI yet so I don't know what MIDI notes look like...so I
ll do a simple note to frequency converter using made-up integer note
value-reps.

--Gary
----
Chess:            http://chessnut.net/