[chuck] Bus Error - Trying to run ChucK for the first time

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Jan 23 11:39:40 EST 2005

Hi Stuart!

Your bus error may be the result of you being one of the first (ever) to
try ChucK on Jack over OS X (which is very cool).  We didn't know we are
actually supporting this platform - but now is a good time to start.  Of
all the platform we currently support (OSX-CoreAudio, Linux-ALSA/OSS/Jack,
Windows-DirectSound), Jack needs the most work - we have had similar
problems (bus error and instability) with Jack on Linux.  Dave Robillard,
from the Linux Audio Developer List, was good enough to look through our
Jack code for ways to improvements and have found some.  We hope to
integrate the changes soon.  What do you think Dave?

Back to the bus error, we should also make sure that it's not some other
part of ChucK.  Have you tried compiling/running ChucK using CoreAudio?
If not, that would be the next thing to try.

Best,
Ge!