[chuck] question about types

Gary Williams gwms at corninglink.com
Thu Jan 27 12:53:26 EST 2005

I've been fiddling with the ModalBar and TubeBell STK functions, and I wrote
a subroutine that took a TubeBell. as a parameter:

    fun int presets( TubeBell bell ) { ... }

but accidentally called it with a param that was a ModalBar. This did not
gen a type error and I got silence until I added a param that doesn't exist
in a TubeBell. Then ChucK complained that it couldn't find TubeBell
strikePosition.

Howcum? (i.e., why no typing complaint? It took me an hour to find out why I
was getting silence...)

-- Gary
----
Chess: http://chessnut.net/