[chuck] Chuck 1.2 - any date yet?

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Jun 27 14:46:12 EDT 2005

From: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang at gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [chuck] Chuck 1.2 - any date yet?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:30:39 +0200

> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 13:51 -0400, Ge Wang wrote:
> > [...]
> > However, I think it's hard to set a release date, since our earlier
> > attempts obviously weren't met.  So we will keep going as fast as
> > we can until the last features/bugs are dealt with.  We are close.
>
> Maybe you should just remove the announcement for may/2005 on the site,
> that's confusing. Still, "It's ready when it's done" - I like the Debian
> way :) Only it would be great to have CVS read access for the
> adventurous who wanna try out the bleeding edge - i just saw on
> sourceforge the CVS is empty.

It is possible to check out the latest and greatest, even I manage to do that!

> BTW, do you plan to create a Debian package for chuck?
> I'd be interested in helping with that. Actually, I didn't use chuck for
> a while but have some deb's lying around somewhere for personal use,
> which I'd just need to polish up a bit, so others can use it, too, and I
> would even like to try to get them into the Debian distribution. I am
> already somewhat familiar with the Debian development model and could
> apply as a maintainer for chuck in Debian.

Yeah, I've also done a Debian package. Actually, I made a man-page for chuck
to make the packet complete. ;O)
By the time for chuck 1.2 it surely would need an update (we do hope!), but it
was useful as it was.

A good chuck package would indeed be usefull, docs and all. Maybe we should
discuss it a little more in detail. I'm not a Debian maintainer but could maybe
be convinced to make a joint effort on this one.

Cheers,
Magnus