[chuck] 22.214.171.124 (dracula) unleashed
ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jul 16 07:42:23 EDT 2008
chuck-126.96.36.199 (dracula) is available:
This release introduces dynamic auto-growing arrays, various fixes,
enhancements, and likely new and better bugs/features (see below for a
full list). Rebecca and I have added additional UAnae (unit analyzers,
see http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/uana/) in preparation for an all-new
upcoming toolkit (following in the footsteps of S.M.E.L.T., see
http://smelt.cs.princeton.edu/), which Rebecca will announce soon!
A new miniAudicle is on the way from Spencer, as well as an updated
audicle version. As always, let us know if you encounter unexpected
fishiness (and expected fishiness as well).
Many many thanks to Kassen, Kijjaz, Eduard, folks on the electro-music
chuck forum, chuck-users, PLOrk, SLOrk, students and staff at CCRMA and
Princeton, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano, Carr Wilkerson, and rest of the
chuck community for helping to make this release happen!!
Thanks and Happy ChucKing, UpChucKing!
- (added) dynamic, resizable arrays
.size( int ) resizes array; .size() returns current size()
<< operator appends new elements into array
.popBack() pops the last element of the array, reducing
size by 1
.clear() zero's out elements of the array
- (added) new UAna: FeatureCollector
turns UAna input into a single feature vector, upon
new UAna: Flip
turns audio samples into frames in the UAna domain
new UAna: pilF
turns UAna frames into audio samples, via overlap add
new UAna: AutoCorr
computes the autocorrelation of UAna input
new UAna: XCorr
computes the cross correlation of the first two UAna input
- (added) UGen.isConnectedTo( Ugen ) // is connected to another ugen?
- (added) UAna.isUpConnectedTo( UAna ) // is connected to another uana
- (added) int Shred.done() // is the shred done?
int Shred.running() // is the shred running?
- (added) int Math.ensurePow2( int )
- (added) Math.INFINITY, Math.FLOAT_MAX, Math.FLOAT_MIN_MAG,
- (added) TriOsc.width(), PulseOsc.width(), SawOsc.width(),
- (added) Std.system(string) is now disabled by default, to enable:
specify the --caution-to-the-wind command line flag, for
%> chuck --caution-to-the-wind --loop
- (removed) SqrOsc.width( float ), width is always .5
- (fixed) it's now (again) possible to multiply connect
- (fixed) OS X only: sudden-motion-sensor HID no longer
introduces audio dropouts below peak CPU usage
due to added centralized polling;
added static Hid.globalPollRate( dur ) to control
the central SMS polling's rate
- (fixed) Windows only: implementation of array via STL
vector::reserve() has been replaced with a more compatible
approach (see chuck_oo.cpp)
- (fixed) dac amplitude no longer halved!
NOTE: this increases the gain from before by
a factor of 2, or roughly 6 dB!! BEWARE!!
- (fixed) corrected order of shred/ugen dealloc in VM destructor,
preventing a potential crash during shutdown
- (fixed) UAna can now upchuck() at now==0
- (fixed) STK Chorus UGen now has reasonable defaults
.max( dur, float ) for initializing to delay/depth limits
.baseDelay( dur ) sets current base delay
- (fixed) dur +=> now no longer crashes
- (fixed) ADSR now returns attackTime, decayTime, and releaseTime that
corresponds to the duration-based setting functions
(internally multiplied by SR) (thanks Eduard)
- (fixed) STK Mandolin no longer plays without explicit noteOn
- (fixed) unsporked Shred instances now given id == 0 (thanks Kassen)
- (fixed) typos in ugen_xxx.cpp and chuck-specific rtaudio.cpp (/moudi)
More information about the chuck