[iw] proposal presentations

Vivek Pai vivek at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Feb 23 16:32:34 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

As you're getting ready for proposal presentations
next week, please be sure to look at the relevant
parts of the web page, at
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~vivek/iw/09-10/#Proposal_Presentations

Additionally, please keep the following in mind
a) my laptop can display PDF or PPT files (not PPTX).
    If you decide to convert from another format to PPT,
    please verify that your presentation converted properly.
b) please show up on time at the start of the one-hour
    block in which you're presenting
c) if you aren't skilled in graphic arts, choose a nice,
    simple, prepackaged presentation template instead of
    designing your own
d) for your body text (or even all text), use a serif font
    like Times Roman instead of a sans serif font like Helvetica
e) if your slides have more than seven words per line and
    more than 7 lines of text, they're probably too cluttered.
    avoid complete sentences.
f) show, don't tell, whenever possible. a picture is worth
    a thousand words, and is much better than lots of hand
    gestures in the air
g) e-mail the slides to me, in advance, with the correct
    subject line

Good luck.

VP