[iw] Fwd: APPS DUE TOMORROW: Senior thesis and independent work funding, fall 2010

Colleen E. Kenny-McGinley ckenny at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Oct 14 15:20:52 EDT 2010

Applications for Thesis and Independent Work funding are due tomorrow, Friday Oct. 15th!!!

Colleen

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Peter I. Bogucki" <bogucki at Princeton.EDU>
To: bse-seniors at Princeton.EDU, bse-juniors at Princeton.EDU
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:47:53 PM
Subject: APPS DUE TOMORROW: Senior thesis and independent work funding, fall 2010

[This is a reminder that applications for thesis and independent work funding are due tomorrow, Friday, October 15, in my office, C-207 E-Quad.      Look for a letter in your departmental mailbox early next week.    Please make your request an accurate and full reflection of what you need.    If you need $850, don’t put down $600.    Don’t use cents, round up to nearest $5  (I just added this stipulation, so if you already submitted an overly precise request, don’t worry, I’ll round it up.)    If you are part of a group project, make sure all members of the group are listed on the application.   –Dean Bogucki]

Seniors and juniors in the School of Engineering and Applied Science may apply for support for senior thesis and junior or senior independent work research from endowed funds administered by the SEAS Dean's Office.  An application form is attached in PDF format with fill-out fields into which you can type and save information about your project and the amount you need before printing it out to sign and to take to your adviser for his/her signature.  If you have a problem filling in the fields, just print out the form and fill it in by hand.   Fields outlined in red are required (basically, all of them).

These funds are normally restricted to consumable supplies, software, small equipment and parts, and travel for field experiments.   They do not generally cover books and journals, food, copying and thesis preparation costs, or capital equipment.    These funds are only to be used for projects that are being taken for formal independent work or thesis credit. If you are doing a project jointly with another student (e.g. in MAE, ELE), please submit a single application form with both names on it.    Please do not use this form to request funding for extracurricular engineering projects.    These grants normally do not exceed $600 per student, but please provide your full budget and we will do our best to accommodate it.    Requests in excess of this amount will be considered, but there is no guarantee that enormous requests can be met.    Students needing much more should consult with their adviser to determine the availability of alternate resources.   All awards are contingent on the availability of funds, and we reserve the right to reduce the amount awarded when we distribute the funds to the departments.

Please note that if you are using any part of this support for travel, you MUST comply with the University policies on undergraduate travel, as shown at http://www.princeton.edu/travel/policies/ and you must register your travel on the Travel Registration database.

Please return the completed form (on paper, with your thesis/IW adviser's signed endorsement and your two-page proposal and waiver of liability form) to my office (C-205) no later than Friday, October 15.   If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at bogucki at princeton.edu.

--Dean Bogucki

Peter Bogucki

Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs School of Engineering and Applied Science, Princeton University,

C-207 Engineering Quad, Princeton NJ 08544

tel: 609-258-4554 fax: 609-258-3996

http://www.princeton.edu/~bogucki