[iw] APPS DUE TOMORROW: Senior thesis and independent work funding, fall 2010

Mona Singh mona at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Oct 14 16:28:13 EDT 2010

HI Everyone, just a reminder from Dean Bogucki concerning thesis and
independent work funding-
thanks
MS

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Peter I. Bogucki* <bogucki at princeton.edu
<mailto:bogucki at princeton.edu>>
Date: Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Subject: APPS DUE TOMORROW: Senior thesis and independent work funding,
fall 2010
To: bse-seniors at princeton.edu <mailto:bse-seniors at princeton.edu>,
bse-juniors at princeton.edu <mailto:bse-juniors at princeton.edu>

[This is a reminder that applications for thesis and independent work
funding are due tomorrow, Friday, October 15, in my office, C-207
E-Quad.      Look for a letter in your departmental mailbox early next
week.    Please make your request an accurate and full reflection of
what you need.    If you need $850, don’t put down $600.    Don’t use
cents, round up to nearest $5  (I just added this stipulation, so if you
already submitted an overly precise request, don’t worry, I’ll round it
up.)    If you are part of a group project, make sure all members of the
group are listed on the application.   –Dean Bogucki]

Seniors and juniors in the School of Engineering and Applied Science may
apply for support for senior thesis and junior or senior independent
work research from endowed funds administered by the SEAS Dean's
Office.  An application form is attached in PDF format with fill-out
fields into which you can type and save information about your project
and the amount you need before printing it out to sign and to take to
your adviser for his/her signature.  If you have a problem filling in
the fields, just print out the form and fill it in by hand.   Fields
outlined in red are required (basically, all of them).

These funds are normally restricted to consumable supplies, software,
small equipment and parts, and travel for field experiments.   They do
not generally cover books and journals, food, copying and thesis
preparation costs, or capital equipment.    These funds are only to be
used for projects that are being taken for formal independent work or
thesis credit. If you are doing a project jointly with another student
(e.g. in MAE, ELE), please submit a single application form with both
names on it.    Please do not use this form to request funding for
extracurricular engineering projects.    These grants normally do not
exceed $600 per student, but please provide your full budget and we will
do our best to accommodate it.    Requests in excess of this amount will
be considered, but there is no guarantee that enormous requests can be
met.    Students needing much more should consult with their adviser to
determine the availability of alternate resources.   All awards are
contingent on the availability of funds, and we reserve the right to
reduce the amount awarded when we distribute the funds to the
departments.

Please note that if you are using any part of this support for travel,
you MUST comply with the University policies on undergraduate travel, as
shown at http://www.princeton.edu/travel/policies/ and you must register
your travel on the Travel Registration database.

Please return the completed form (on paper, with your thesis/IW
adviser's signed endorsement and your two-page proposal and waiver of
liability form) to my office (C-205) no later than Friday, October 15.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
bogucki at princeton.edu <mailto:bogucki at princeton.edu>.

--Dean Bogucki

Peter Bogucki

Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs School of Engineering and
Applied Science, Princeton University,

C-207 Engineering Quad, Princeton NJ 08544

tel: 609-258-4554 fax: 609-258-3996

http://www.princeton.edu/~bogucki <http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ebogucki>