[iw] Computer Science IW Checkpoint Form - Due Date - November 12, 2010

Colleen E. Kenny-McGinley ckenny at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Oct 20 13:17:57 EDT 2010

IW Students,

The reason for my advance notice is to give you the opportunity to become familiar with what information is needed on
the Computer Science IW Checkpoint form that is due to me on November 12, 2010.

Preparing the checkpoint document is not supposed to be difficult or take much of your time. All you must do is write approximately a one-page document that clearly explains what you have accomplished so far. Mention any ideas you have had, software you have built, related research you have evaluated and papers or textbooks you have read. If you are having difficulty making progress on your project due to some obstacle, explain the obstacle and a plan for overcoming the problem.

To get credit for preparing your checkpoint document you must do two things:

1. You must have a meeting with your advisor in which they read your document and fill out & sign your thesis midpoint form (form is here). Naturally, you can e-mail your advisor your document and have them read it in advance of your meeting if you want.

2. You must return the signed form to the UGC by the deadline (see important dates page).

Notice, it is your job to return the signed form to the UGC by the deadline. That means you have to write your document in advance of the deadline and arrange to have a meeting with your advisor in advance of the deadline. You will be penalized for turning in a form late. However, there is no penalty for turning in a form early!

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you,

Colleen Kenny-McGinley
Undergraduate Coordinator
Room 210