[iw] Fwd: Opportunity for COS Majors - Present Your Independent Work Feb. 26 - Win Prizes, Get Feedback, Meet Alumni

Colleen E. Kenny-McGinley ckenny at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Feb 14 15:35:54 EST 2011

Opportunity for COS Majors - Present Your Independent Work!
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "David Walker" <princedpw at gmail.com>
To: "Colleen E. Kenny-McGinley" <ckenny at CS.Princeton.EDU>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 2:52:47 PM
Subject: Fwd: Opportunity for COS Majors - Present Your Independent Work Feb. 26 - Win Prizes, Get Feedback, Meet Alumni

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew S. Lazen < mlazen at princeton.edu >
Date: Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM
To: "David P. Walker" < dpw at princeton.edu >
Cc: "Andrew W. Appel" < appel at princeton.edu >, "Donna M. O'Leary" < doleary at princeton.edu >

Dear David,

The residential colleges are once again inviting seniors and juniors to present their independent work (or other major projects) at our annual Alumni Day Independent Work Symposium on Saturday, February 26 .  This is a great opportunity for your COS majors to showcase their work and your department for alums and other students, including underclassmen still choosing majors.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could forward the announcement below to your majors as well as faculty who might encourage their advisees to present.   We have had COS majors participate in the past (see last year’s program ), and it would be great to have some again. The presenters have found the experience very rewarding, and I know that the alums and other students enjoy seeing their work.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us in informing students about this event and encouraging them to show their work.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

All the best,

Matthew

Matthew Lazen, Ph.D.

Director of Studies

Butler College

Princeton University

Get Helpful Early Feedback on Your Thesis or Show Off a Completed JP at the

Sixth Annual Alumni Day Independent Work Symposium

Saturday, February 26

4-6pm, New Butler Commons

For more information, contact Matthew Lazen, Director of Studies, Butler College   mlazen at princeton.edu .

Poster Session 2011 Call for Submissions.jpg