[iw] IW Students - Please see Sandra Batista regarding this opportunity

Colleen E. Kenny-McGinley ckenny at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 9 17:14:51 EDT 2014

The Facebook Open Academy program is a partnership between a handful of
universities, Facebook, and open-source projects such as OpenStack, Socket.io,
MondoDB, and Mozilla Firefox O/S. You may learn more about the program
at https://www.facebook.com/OpenAcademyProgram .

Participants in Open Academy will work regularly with a remote mentor
from an open-source project who will provide technical guidance and
supervision. The program begins with an October kickoff event, Code Sprint,
held at Facebook HQ in which all parties come together for an intensive
weekend of learning, hacking and building connections. The Code Sprint
is the weekend of October 10 -12, 2014. Attendance at the Code Sprint is
mandatory for participation and will be sponsored. Throughout the term you
would also have regular meetings with Daniel Leyzberg or me to support
your progress, and you would complete the regular IW progress reports,
poster session, and final report.

Here are projects available for this fall:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAkGYZNy4qEAPnHdC_E5pqhEsrfkY7nR-UHX7CwLPFY/edit?pli=1

How to apply: Please send me an e-mail briefly stating your interest, a resume/CV,
and your response to the following question:
What aspect of software engineering do you enjoy most?

Very Important Dates (All hard deadlines)
1. Application Deadline, Saturday, September 13, 2014
2. Notification on Monday, September 15, 2014
3. If selected, confirmation of participation due by
Wednesday , September 17, 2014 by 5pm
4. If selected, project preferences due Friday, September 19, 2014

-Sandra Batista
sbatista at cs.princeton.edu

--

Colleen Kenny-McGinley