Meta Boot Loader

Paige, Dale W dale.w.paige at intel.com
Thu Apr 20 14:28:44 EDT 2000

Scott -

I agree, I also feel uncomfortable with it.  I am not aware of a tool to
make it easier, but it may exist.

One tool that is highly recommended is a suction cup device to handle the
flash parts.

I do not recommend this process unless required.  I was thinking that your
desire to port your own RTOS to the IXP1200EB might be most cost effectively
attained if you were to use the Cygnus SA1 tool chain which has recently
completed a revamp to put cygmon onto the IXP1200 and use that with GDB as a
monitor from which you can port your RTOS.  Attainment of this goal would
require you to go through the pain of removing and programming the flash
parts.

Also, as I already recommended, keep the original flash in reserve as a fall
back.

    Best Regards  -   Dale