IXP clock rate question

Yost, Susan susan.yost at intel.com
Thu Jul 20 16:35:36 EDT 2000

Hi All,

You have Evaluation Systems based on the A-3 step of the IXP1200 Network
Processor.  Buried at the bottom of the cover letter included with your
systems is the following:

"Also note, the IXP1200 Network Processor on this evaluation system runs at
a core frequency of 176 MHz.  This temporary condition is due to a lack of
component availability used to design the evaluation board."

Intel officially supports 166 MHz and now 200 MHz versions of the IXP1200.
Our first version of the Evaluation System run at 176 MHz as indicated
above.

Susan Yost
IXP1200 Tech Marketing