IXP clock rate question

Scott C. Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Jul 20 18:44:10 EDT 2000

I found it.  The note about 176 MHz is on a single sheet of paper
with Intel letterhead that came with the system.  It simply listed
what came with the Evaluation System plus the note Susan quotes.

-Scott

Perry Wagle writes:

> Susan Yost writes:
> > You have Evaluation Systems based on the A-3 step of the IXP1200 Network
> > Processor.  Buried at the bottom of the cover letter included with your
> > systems is the following:
> >
> > "Also note, the IXP1200 Network Processor on this evaluation system runs at
> > a core frequency of 176 MHz.  This temporary condition is due to a lack of
> > component availability used to design the evaluation board."
> >
> > Intel officially supports 166 MHz and now 200 MHz versions of the IXP1200.
> > Our first version of the Evaluation System run at 176 MHz as indicated
> > above.
> >
> > Susan Yost
> > IXP1200 Tech Marketing
>
> I don't find the "core frequency of 176" in the printed documentation
> that came with the systems, though now that you mention it, I seem to
> remember reading that line somewhere.  Could you be more specific
> about its location?  (I'm hoping to find other important information
> there.)

Scott C. Karlin                             Princeton University
Graduate Student                            Department of Computer Science
Voice: (609) 258-5386                       35 Olden Street
Email: scott at cs.princeton.edu               Princeton, NJ 08544-2087
WWW:   http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~scott