Hello, LEDs (was RE: Meta Boot Loader)

Johnson, Erik J erik.j.johnson at intel.com
Tue May 2 13:19:35 EDT 2000

>    /*
>    **  The next line is a guess
>    */
>    typedef unsigned long UINT32;

It looks like it is also in types/vxTypesOld.h, and I
bet others.

>    I'm using the default start address of 0x00008000.

Just watching the vxWorks link step, I see that they place the
text segment at 0x1000, that is probably the first thing I would
try.  You can also type make vxWorks in the BoardSupport\VxWorks\IXP1200EB
directory and watch for other compiler/linker options being passed into
the process of making vxWorks.  It looks like they change the entry
point to sysInit, but I can't image the actual name of the entry point
is important.

I also wonder if the boot loader assumes anytype of compression and/or
checksums.  I thought there was a checksum in the a.out header (?) and
I don't think the vxWorks image I have is compressed (I can look at its
symbols...)

erik