PETH drivers

Johnson, Erik J erik.j.johnson at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 18:20:37 EST 2000

Sorry, I missed the last part of your email.
The PETH driver ASSUMES it gets packets from port 18,
you don't need to instantiate that many drivers.
Simply instantiate drivers for the ports you want to
logically represent to VxWorks (e.g, just the first
4 10/100 ports).  Then each driver will enqueue for
the transmit port associated with its instance,
all will receive from port 18 and demultiplexing will
be done based on the ingress port number within the
packet descriptor.  Note, you should be loading the
MVRRefdes microcode with this driver since it has
modifications to the microcode that allow the core to
properly enqueue on the outgoing (transmit) queues.

erik