strong arm development

Heaton, Eric D eric.d.heaton at intel.com
Wed Nov 29 17:49:40 EST 2000

  Information on the StrongARM Core API to interact with the other
functional units of the IXP1200 (like the IX Bus, the Microengines, etc.)
can be found in Section 2 of the IXP1200 Software Reference Manual.
  For StrongARM Core development, one could use a development environment,
such as Tornado from WindRiver www.windriver.com or some other
StrongARM-compatible compiler and debugger.
  One way to simulate the StrongARM interacting with the microengines is by
creating a foreign model, which acts as an extension to the capabilities of
Transactor, which is a cycle and data accurate software model of IXP1200.
More information on how to create a foreign model can be found in Section 6
of the IXP1200 Development Tool User's Guide v005.
  To generate packet traffic in simulation on the Developer's Workbench
v1.1, you can use the IX Bus Simulator found under the "Simulation" at the
top menu bar.  Here you can configure one or more devices attached to the IX
Bus, i.e. MACs as well as the packet streams you want to flow through them.
More information on how to create a foreign model can be found in Section
2.9.21 of the IXP1200 Development Tool User's Guide v005.

	-- Eric Heaton --