PCI Configuration Space

Krueger, Jon jon.krueger at intel.com
Fri Oct 20 16:22:19 EDT 2000

Solution.

The exception was not due to a bug in the IXP hardware.  The exception
was a result of incomplete/incorrect information given in the IXP1200
Hardware
Reference Manual, Section 5.3.1.3.  The Type 0 data in Table 5-4 states that
StrongARM core address bits 23:22 are NOT equal to 11.

This should read:

If bits 23:22 are NOT equal to 11, then AD25:AD11 will be a
copy of the StrongARM core address -- note that AD31:AD26 are not usable in
this mode.

If bit 23:22 are EQUAL to 11, the StrongARM core address AD15:AD11 will be
decoded, and the appropriate bit in AD31:AD11 will be set.

When bits 23:22 are set to 11 (0x3) the proper configuration address is
decoded, and the
entire configuration space (AD31:AD11) is available.

jk