[ixp1200] Follow up on gig <--> switch problems...

Austen McDonald austen at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 2 13:07:34 EDT 2001

	Uh, I've found something that's kindof odd (refer to my message
the other day about gig <--> switch problems for a preface): when I turn
the INTERNAL loopback mode on the GigaMACs it seems that I get a link
light between my GigaMAC and my Alteon switch. FURTHERMORE, I can actually
send packets through this link (I send 6 packets from the IXP and the
switch reports seeing 6 packets)!! What's going on with bit 5 in the
PORT_MODE register---it says its active high, internal loopback mode, but
doesnt appear to function that way?

	Please help!!

Austen McDonald
austen at cc.gatech.edu

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties.
He integrates empirically.
  -- Albert Einstein