NT sample ARM script compilation

Sundar Ramachandran ramachan at cse.uta.edu
Mon Feb 5 17:17:22 EST 2001

Hello people,

I'm having a little bit of a problem with a few trivial things:
1. To run the sample ARM core scripts, I need to compile the assembly source
code namely boot.s and boot.h to produce the binary and .list file. The
makefile that comes with this (directory IXP1200\SA1_CoreLibs\Samples\saboot)
does not seem to produce these files. Do I need to give it an option or add
any shell commands in the makefile? It doesn't seem so, but when I do a
make boot.bin it says there's nothing to be made. Please tell me what I'm
missing.

2. Also, while loading VxWorks through the serial port from the NT host using
hyperterm, either the VxWorks image does not load or if I get past it sometimes
the Tornado target server does not confirm configuration, it says that the
target is not attached. Well, the environment path has been set correctly,
I'm running IIS FTP service, and the boot parameters are to my knowledge
correct. Tornado is running as a service (if that information will help).

3. I've gone through the linux howto for IXP1200. Has someone tried this on
debian. Is there anything to be considered for Debian installation?

I'd really appreciate some help from you all. Thank you.

- Sundar Ramachandran.

"If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind, give it more
  thought." - Dennis Roch

Sundar Ramachandran                       	PHONE:(817) 801-5233
Dept. of Computer Science & Engg.,              E-MAIL: ramachan at acm.org
UT Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019.