Hard Reset of IXP1200 over PCI?

Scott C. Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Feb 20 12:01:29 EST 2001

Josh,

Yes, I am now running the ixp board in a regular PC host.
(A Pentium III running Linux.)

Since I'm still actively working on the code, I'm not
ready to release it just yet.  There are still important
things to get working before it's ready.  For example,
I haven't enabled the MMU and caches on the StrongARM
yet so I imagine that I'm taking a big performance hit.

I used the documentation/PCI_debug.txt from the CD-ROM as
a guide and followed steps 1 and 2 to set the jumpers on
the board so that it wouldn't attempt to act like a
motherboard.  (This is important as there is a potential
to damage either the ixp board or the motherboard.)

For the on-board firmware, I am using a device programmer
to burn my own code into the flash EEPROMs.

As for when I'd be ready to release the code, I'm not sure.
I'm working toward an end-of-March deadline and I expect
I'll be giving 3 talks in April.  These will be slowing
me down.

Scott

Forwarded message from Josh Fryman: