ixp1200 on linux

Naik, Uday uday.naik at intel.com
Mon Feb 26 13:59:53 EST 2001

When we first ported Linux to the IXP1200, we booted it directly from flash
without cygmon. This was fairly restrictive specially since we were making
changes all the time to the kernel. Also it limits what you can have on
your ramdisk. So we got away from it. But it is possible if that's what
you want. You will need to do some work to get there.

Uday.