[ixp1200] Re: Hardware problem: won't book the BootMgr...

Kenneth M. Mackenzie kenmac at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 19 19:41:07 EDT 2001

Hi Scott,

  It apparently was indeed a problem with the flash, although I don't
know how we did it because as far as I know we didn't write the flash
on that board.  We had been experimenting with updating the flash on
*another* board (strictly in circuit) about that time, though, so
someone may have become confused... :-)

  After scrambling a bit to locate a prom burner with a TSOP head
we're now back in business.  And, heh, emboldened to write all over
them flash chips.

  Thanks for the encouragement to consider it a possible software
problem! (and also for your previous notes on handling the flash
chips).

-- Ken