[ixp1200] GigaMAC <--> switch problems...

Austen McDonald austen at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 31 15:51:53 EDT 2001

	Has anyone connected their GigaMACs to gigabit switches? We have
one old 3com switch w/ one gigabit connection and it seems to work fine w/
autoconfiguation enabled. However, when I try it w/ our Alteon ACEswitch
180 it wont give me a link light. Between the 3com and the Alteon requires
that auotconfiguration be turned off---I try to mimic these settings
between the IXP and the Alteon but the link just wont work. Any tricks?
	Im writing 0x0140 to the GMII_CTL register to disable the
autoconf.

Austen McDonald
austen at cc.gatech.edu

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties.
He integrates empirically.
  -- Albert Einstein