[ixp1200] Downloading microcode on linux

Kevin Crozier kevin at teja.com
Mon Jun 25 12:43:40 EDT 2001

Hi,

We are running the Intel/netwinder big endian linux on our IXP1200.
We are having some problems with the microcode loader interpreting
byte strings incorrectly (The string the in the microcode is "seen" as
_FOUSJBO when the string we are looking for is UOF_OBJS).  Of course
integers are interpreted correctly, its only byte strings that seem to
be a problem.  I wondered if anyone else out there has stumbled across
this and what the solution was.

If anyone has any tips on downloading the microcode from linux they
would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Crozier, Software Engineer         Email: kevin at teja.com
Teja Technologies, Inc.                  Web:   http://www.teja.com/
2 West Santa Clara Street                Voice: (408) 288-2549
San Jose, CA 95113                       Fax:   (408) 288-2590