Hard Reset of IXP1200 over PCI?

Heaton, Eric D eric.d.heaton at intel.com
Wed Mar 14 18:13:38 EST 2001

Scott,

The text you refered to in the Programmer's Reference Manual Section 4.7.13
is actually incorrect.  You may indeed write to the IXP1200_RESET register
to reset the chip over PCI, as you saw in your experiments.  The
documentation in the IXP1200 Datasheet Section 5.6.3 has the correct
information concerning this issue.

     Eric Heaton
     Technical Marketing Engineer
     Intel Corporation - PNPO