[ixp1200] GigaMAC diagnostic problems...

Austen McDonald austen at cc.gatech.edu
Wed May 23 14:22:18 EDT 2001

	Has anyone tried to use the diagnostics w/ the GigaMACs---we set
it up and both internal and external loopback modes fail. We have the MAC
enabled w/ jumper J34 and we get the status lights on both the ports when
we loop a cable between them but the IXbus tx/rx tests fail---the
microcode should send packets and recv them but it doesn't.
	I'm wondering if this is a hardware problem or a diagnostic
program problem. I think it is the latter because if I run my own
diagnostic program, I can get the GigaMAC's receive counter to increase
when I send it packets (even though it doesnt appear to assert the rxrdy
flag when the IX bus polls it).
	Any guidance?

Austen McDonald
austen at cc.gatech.edu

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties.
He integrates empirically.
  -- Albert Einstein