[ixp1200] Canadian ixp1200 Woes

Sprajc, Barry barry.sprajc at intel.com
Thu Nov 8 13:54:57 EST 2001

The orientation of the jumpers in this area of J12 and J26 are not of normal
convention.  If you hold the card up so the lables are correct ( With the
fiber ports pointed up ), the jumpers should be read as:

 3 2 1
+-+-+-+
|o|o|o|
+-+-+-+

Normally one would expect them to read as:

 1 2 3
+-+-+-+
|o|o|o|
+-+-+-+

This caused me grief for about a day one time.  To verify correct
orientation of the jumpers, look for the square solder pad on the PCB.  The
square pad indicates pin 1.

Also, in some version of the firmware, they may have changed the baud rate
to 19600 or 38400, but I don't remember which version or if this was only on
the fancy dev. platform.

Hope this helps,

/barry