[ixp1200] IXP1200 standalone

Charles Chiou cchiou at viosoft.com
Mon Apr 15 00:24:31 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have been trying the VERA package for IXP1200. I have a couple of
questions and would really appreciate it if you could respond to them.

I followed the instructions and got everything to build, changed jumper
settings, update firmware, etc. The IPmm demo program works when IXP1200
is plugged into a PC PCI in passive backplane.

Now, I am trying to use the libraries to compile a standalone application
instead of using a linux host to download. I compile using a big-endian
arm cross-compiler. I am getting some errors in Libcii (fmt.c), as well as
ethernet port initialization, and systimer and a few other initialization
routines. Has anybody successfully compiled IPmm or others to run as a
standalone (with cygmon as boot loader) in big-endian mode? Are there any
firmware-specific or big/little-endian portion of the libraries that needs
to be ported?

Thanks so much!

Regards,

Charles