[ixp1200] Using PETH drivers with L3fwd16 on ENP-2505

Chong Poh Kit thesoothsayer at pd.jaring.my
Wed Dec 11 03:51:57 EST 2002

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get the ENP-2505 to forward
packets by using the peth driver and hardware debugging on the workbench and
not through the MicroACE framework.

After inserting the ue.o, octmac.o, giga_drv.o modules and running rs_udebug
and rtmapp, I started a hardware debug session using the L3fwd16 project.
I then loaded the peth driver and initialised the peth devices similar to
the example in the "load" file.

However, when I try to ping a computer connected to the ENP-2505 ethernet
port, I get this message:
Bad descriptor 0, dropping outgoing packet
pethFreeDescriptor: Bad descriptor 0

I've tried defining RFC1812 in the code and also in build>settings for the
project but the same problem occurs.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

P.K. Chong
Multimedia University, Malaysia