[ixp1200] Re: Evaluation of Vera

Scott C. Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Feb 1 08:51:38 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 09:38:39PM +0800, Tan Chee Wei wrote:

> The sgo problem has been resolved now.  But may I know under
> what circumstances does one use "pcireset"?  This program
> hangs my machine too.

The pcireset program does the same thing as the '-r' option to sgo.
For the IXP1200 evaluation board, it doesn't work reliably.  To reset
the IXP1200 evaluation board reliably, you need to use the reset pin
on the board.

The pcireset program works just fine for the RAMiX PMC694 board.

Scott