[ixp1200] Using Intel's microcode assembler on Linux

Christopher Adam Telfer telfer at cs.purdue.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:30:53 EST 2002

> It seems that Intel's microcode assembler (v 1.2.76) for the IXP1200 runs
> under WINE, a Windows compatability layer for Linux.  This allows the entire
> VERA/Libixprouter toolchains to run under Linux.  See http://www.winehq.com/

We have also been trying to get Wine to run with the Intel tools and were also
successful in using it to run the Intel assembler.  However, one thing we were
not successful in doing was getting Wine to run the FUtil.exe program to update
the flash on the board.  (the program didn't seem to be able to open the serial
port.  It certainly didn't upload the flash image.)  This is probably due to
our inexperience at configuring Wine.  If anyone manages to get FUtil working
under Wine, we'd appreciate seeing the configuration.

Thanks,
  -- Chris Telfer
     Purdue University