[ixp1200] MPLS implementation on VERA...

Qiu Qiang qiuqiang at comp.nus.edu.sg
Tue Jan 29 00:00:57 EST 2002

Dear All,

Currently we are trying to build a router with MPLS integrated using
ixp1200 network processor. We would like to enhance the currentVera software with MPLS implementation. Suggestion will be appreciated on
the following several issues:
1.) How to implement/load a MPLS forwarder
2.) How to implement a efficient MPLS labeling method
3.) How/Where to insert the MPLS header to packet
4.) What is the best way to balance the work among the three processor
hierarchy.
Any other issues on MPLS implementation on VERA are welcome to be raised.
By the way, is there any existing VERA work on MPLS ?
Best Regards,
Qiu Qiang