[ixp1200] (no subject)

Ranjeeta ranjeeta at intel.com
Tue Mar 5 14:53:58 EST 2002

Hi,
 Try this:
During RedHat 7.2 installation, choose "Firewall Configuration" as "No
Firewall"

Rationale:  Initially I had chosen "Medium" for Firewall Configuration. In
the Red Hat documentation, I read that, in this case your firewall will not
allow access to certain resources on your system. By default, access to
these resources are not allowed-

·        Ports lower than 1023 - the standard reserved ports, used by most
system services, such as FTP, SSH, telnet and HTTP  {Note: TFTP uses port
69}

·        The NFS server port (2049)

 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>

So, I finally decided to do a fresh installation choosing "No Firewall"

I am sure then your TFTP server will work as desired.

-Ranjeeta