[ixp1200] gdb endian-ness problem

Sundar Ramachandran ramachan at cse.uta.edu
Wed Mar 6 00:14:21 EST 2002

Hello people,
	I'd recompiled gdb with the arm toolchain
and modified its makefile with the -mbig-endian
option ('cos the gdb binary provided at netwinder.org
does not work on Debian!). When I run gdb remotely
with an armv4b-compiled-and-linked program executable,
the target is recognized as armv4b-unknown-linux but I
get a warning that the big-endian file did not match
the little-endian target. What am I missing here? Do I
need to include options for the linker (-EB option)
anywhere in the makefile to convince gdb that the
specified target is big-endian? Can I just ignore this
warning and carry on? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank
you for your time.

- Sundar.