[ixp1200] NFS from IXP1200 Linux to external Windows 2000 server

Dave McCooey david.mccooey at consystant.com
Thu May 23 17:57:30 EDT 2002

Hi,

We are having difficulty trying to NFS-mount from the IXP1200 Linux
client
to our Windows 2000 server, and we'd like to know if anyone has
succeeded
in doing this.

We've tried three different NFS servers on Windows 2000:
(1) The OMNI NFS Server provided by Intel
(2) The TrueGrid public domain NFS server
(3) A demo version of nfsAxe from LabF

The NFS client usually just hangs in the mount command, but sometimes
the
failure mode is for it to print the message:  "nfs: server 172.16.2.14
not responding, still trying".
Occasionally, the mount command will complete, but attempting to do an
"ls"
in the mounted directory will hang.

We have also tried using an NFS server on Linux, but that doesn't change
anything,
so we suspect the problem is with the IXP1200 Linux download image.

The image files (zImage and ramdisk_img.gz) provided with IXA SDK 2.01
are
different than those provided with IXA SDK 2.0, but both fail the same
way with
regard to NFS mounting.

If someone has succeeded in getting this to work, then at least we'll
know that
the problem is on our end.

Regards,
Dave