[ixp1200] tcpdump

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Fri Nov 1 18:36:48 EST 2002

The same tcpdump should work for the IXP ports too. If you run the L3
forwarding application provided by Intel , the ports appear as eth
devices. Eg if you enable all 4 interfaces on the bv card, they would
appear as eth1, eth2, eth3 and eth4. (eth0 would be the pci/eth interface)

You can then run the tcpdump which Austen has compiled on any of these
interfaces.

To send/recv. packets to/from the Linux on the core, you need to bind the
L3forwardACe to StackACE and StackACE to EgressACE.

Eg. in ixsys.config file,

bind regular L3Fwdr/stack stackAce
bind regular stackAce/tx ifaceOutput

This way, packets destined to the local linux stack, would be forwarded by
l3forward to StackAce, which would forward it to TCP/IP stack, which would
send it back to StackAce from where it gets forwarded to EgressACE.

-- Abhijeet