[ixp1200] How to get rid of Intel's MicroACE?

Najati Imam nrimam0 at uky.edu
Mon Nov 4 10:44:16 EST 2002

> Would anyone with such experiences give some hints?

I spent a couple months trying to do exactly that on the ixp1200: run
microcode without the ACE architecture. The short answer is, "you are
correct, there is no documentation for doing so, but you have source
available to you that does do what you want to, so you can see how it
does it". I never found said code, I think its called 'the reference
implementation', so I don't have the long answer for you. Ulimately, we
decided to just use the MicroACE architecture. However, if you do have
any luck, I would love to hear about it.

Najati Imam