[ixp1200] Workbench, debug with "hardware" option?

Jorge Hermosillo G j.hermosillo at itesm.mx
Fri Nov 8 11:17:07 EST 2002

Hi Irvin,

I am forwarding you a previous e-mail from Aaron Kunze that helped us a
lot in doing what you are trying to do, in an ENP2505 board from
Radisys. We succesfully have tried running C code from the workbench in
the board following this.

Hope this help you.

Jorge Hermosillo

Najati,

If you are using the workbench, the process for loading microC is
the same
as the process for loading microengine assembly.  It's been a long
time
since I've loaded any code without the microACE framework, so my
memory is
rusty. :)  If your board is running Linux, you have to make sure
that the
ue.o driver is loaded and that the rs_udebug process is running in
the
background.  Both of these ship with the SDK and can be found in
ixasdk/bin/arm-be.  Then, in the workbench hardware settings on your
development system, say "Connect via Ethernet" and give it the IP
address of
the debug port of the board.

If you are using VxWorks, the development system side is the same,
but on
the board you need to run VxWorksNetApp.o.  There is a readme file
with the
workbench that can walk you through this process.  It is called
VxWorksBuild_ReadMe.txt.

Hope this helps!

Aaron

Aaron Kunze