[ixp1200] IXP1200-2505 PCI card booting

Brandewie, Dirk J dirk.j.brandewie at intel.com
Thu Nov 14 11:42:50 EST 2002

The problem here is that the card saw a space bar that told it to drop
out of loop where it was waiting for the kernel to be downloaded and
go to cygmon.

The ixstart script waits to see the login prompt from the kernel booting
on the board.  The script times out if it does not see the login prompt.

If you reboot the system and connect to the serial port that the board is
connected to you should see the message: "Press space bar to abort host
download mode...."
repeated over and over. If this is the case you should be able to exit
minicom
and use the bootixp script to boot the board.

--Dirk