[ixp1200] IXP1200-2505 PCI Ethernet port configuration

Ning Weng nweng at ecs.umass.edu
Fri Nov 15 11:38:15 EST 2002

Hello,

Greeting!

Could anyone tell me how to configure the IXP1200-2505 PCI card ethernet
port ? What I mean, how to associate an IP address with IXP1200 port.

What I am doing right now, try to follow "The IXA SDK Tutorial" to run The
Simple Count Application on IXP1200. Everything is working fine until to
the last step: Use IXIA or Shomiti to generate packets. I have no idea of
what is IXIA or Shomiti? But I assume, in order to make the simple account
application's packet increasing, I have to send some packet via Ethernet
port. And I use cross cable to connect my IXP1200 with my host machine.

Thanks for your time.

-Ning