[ixp1200] SOS, a question about connection and output!

Ye, Irvin i.ye at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Nov 18 14:58:57 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm puzzled on the connection for ixp1200.

I had tried to connect PCs and ixp1200 ports in standard way: via a hub /
switch, but it failed to work. When I tried direct connection through crossover
twisted pairs, it seemed OK, packets could be successfully sent to ixp1200
ports. But then it found that packets could not be sent from the ports. When I
tried Intel's simple bridge example, I found there were problem in the egress
side: packets could not be sent out, so finally there was a RmSendPacket error.
Upon Erik's suggestion, I've checked some status of the board and found that
when there were packets to send, the value of the XMIT_PTR regisger would stick
to a fix number, and the active transmit thread would cycle around these codes:
    Egress_WaitForPortReady[abs_port]
    ctx_arb[sdram]
I've tried long, but failed to resolve the problem. It's making me crazy. Who
can give me a help?

Regards.

Irvin