[ixp1200] waiting for memory writes

Gregory Prier greg at Lever.cs.ucla.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:31:26 EST 2002

Is there any way to get the uengine to wait for a memory write to complete
without swapping context?  I can swap context and wait for a signal but then
other threads have a chance to run, which I don't want to happen.  I just want
the processor to spin and waste cycles while the write completes.  Yes, I know
this is inefficient, but it would be a big help right now for debugging.

Thanks for the help.
GKP

Greg Prier                              Previously:      A Mudder
3564 Boelter Hall                       Currently:       A Bruin working
UCLA CA 90095                                            toward a PhD
(310) 825-8899                          After that:      No idea

"Hell, there are no rules here.  We're trying to accomplish something."
                                                        Thomas Edison