[ixp1200] Regarding to IXP1200 Ethernet Port configuration

Ning Weng nweng at ecs.umass.edu
Tue Nov 19 09:37:12 EST 2002

Hi,

I have one question here regarding to IXP1200 ENP2505.

My case is I reboot my target(IXP1200) from my host machine through a
serial cable, and I can ping each other via virtual interface( PCI) as
well. Now I want the two system(IXP1200 and my host Linux machine)
communicate by Ethernet port  via a cross over cable. My question is :
what is the detail steps that I should do, such as network
configurations or other? That will be a great help for me if you would
like share your experiences or point me the the documentation that you
followed.

Thanks a lot.

Ning