[ixp1200] Problem running IXP1200 VERA apps

Yitzchak M. Gottlieb zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 1 09:39:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Magesh Kannan wrote:

> I added these while loops before and after the following two statements in
> IXP1200_Apps/IPmm/main.c
>
>     Control_SystemStart(0, 0);
>     Control_BootUEs(&rcv_uCode, &xmt_uCode);
>
> The board seemed to hang immediately after returning from
> Control_SystemStart and before calling Control_BootUEs. I added a couple
> of led() function calls between these two statements. The LEDs displayed
> the code that I had put in, but the very next statement (a while
> loop) would hang.

Magesh,

This sounds like a crash in an interrupt handler.  The two 0's sent to
Control_SystemStart are actually function pointers the first called when quit
is invoked, the second function should be called every second.  I don't
understand why the board is crashing (it works find here, but maybe if you put
a function pointer (the function should return 1) in the second parameter you
will see if that function is called.  I hope this helps.

Zuki

--
Yitzchak Gottlieb
zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU