[ixp1200] Connectivity questions

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Tue Oct 1 17:15:03 EDT 2002

Magesh,

1) I think the evaluation board ports do the crossover function, so if you
   are connecting directly to a PC, then use a straight cable. I guess
   this is also consistent with your previous mail in which you said that
   when you used a straight cable, the led lights came up on both the IXP
   port and the pc network card.

I would advise you to forget the hub for now, just connect a straight
cable between your src and dst linux pc's and IXP ports and see if the
ipmm app works for you. Look at the rcv microcode source code and the
corresponding debug output on the console to see how far packet reception
works.

If you get that working, you can always figure out the exact hardware
setup (whether through switch/hub etc) later.

	-Abhijeet