[ixp1200] Question on Intel-supplied firmware versions

Tan Chee-Wei eng80386 at nus.edu.sg
Mon Oct 7 13:44:54 EDT 2002

Hallo Magesh,

I think the subdirectories found in Boardsupport/bin refer to your hardware
and tornado version. I suppose bveil is for the bridal veil (enp), si for
the spectacle island (ixm1200) and eb (ixp12eb) for the evaluation board.
the numbers appended refer to the tornado version eg. 2.0.1 or 2.1.0. By the
way, I have had the same problem you described earlier for two of my
evaluation boards. At first I thought it was the problem with the network
card compatibility but I found out later that I could use the network card
once I manually forced it down to10Mbps. It was the same problem for me
whether I am using Princeton's Vera, Intel's VxWorks and Linux on StrongARM.
Zuki from Princeton pointed out earlier that it seemed to be the problem
with the autonegotiation pins on the board and I think he's right.

kind regards,
cheewei